Powered By Blogger

Sunday 28 August 2016

Small chapel on the road

28th August 2016

I love walking and cycling. I have cycled about 500 km this holiday. I did it in one month. As an allergic person it is a great achievement. Now I must walk because in the big city which is not too easy but the most important I have to work long hours so only at the weekends it is possible to exercise..

While taking a break I took some photos in the countryside.

In the past Polish farmers built a lot of small Roman - Catholic chapels on the roads so one of them I came across in August. It was built in the 19th century. Look at the photos.



It was open ..









Local residents take care of it..





Road ahead. me..




more photos shortly..

19 comments:

  1. The small local chapel is simple and nice. Local people in the town look after their chapel. It is as it should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. andrew honestly I totally agree with you..

      Delete
  2. It's nice to see the chapel is well cared for, and open for everyone to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is so tiny. i think my fave part is the little window. i wonder how often they use it. maybe like a prayer room or whatnot? ( ;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the past it was a prayer room but not now, It is a typical landmark from the past..

      Delete
  4. Bardzo piękna kapliczka. Jedna z wielu...
    W naszym kraju mamy dużo przydrożnych kapliczek. Wiele z nich to najcenniejsze zabytki okolic, w których stoją. Rzeźbione w drewnie, murowane. To nasz wielki SKARB. Przydrożne kapliczki - "rozsiane w krajobrazie modlitwy ludu polskiego."
    Pozdrawiam:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it one of the symbol of Polish countryside

      Delete
  5. It is a sweet building and I do love the window.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 500 kilometres in a month? That is impressive.
    Love that simple chapel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very stubborn person and I love cycling because it pleasre for me..

      Delete
  7. Wow! That is a tiny church! Great job on getting 500 km in! That is a lot of biking! You must be in good shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bethany I am trying to be in a good shape because during school year I am very busy so I must exercise during vacatio as much as possible

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. A lot of there in Poland most of them from 19th century

      Delete
  9. That must be very pleasant to come across a wayside chapel like that

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm grateful you took time to share this . . it's lovely.
    makes my heart happy.

    ReplyDelete