Powered By Blogger

Sunday 27 March 2016

Greetings from Sicily for my bloggers friends

28th March 2016
 
In my place we are waiting for a hot, nice weather but in the Sicily (Italy) the weather is fantastic. Sicily is a place where my friend Concetta lives. She lives in a small town Racalmuto.
 
Racalmuto (Sicilian: Racalmutu, from the Arabic "rahal-maut", "village in ruins") is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Agrigento in the Italian Autonomous Region of Sicily, located about 90 kilometres (56 mi) southeast of Palermo and about 15 kilometres (9 mi) northeast of Agrigento.
Racalmuto is the setting of Angelo F. Coniglio's historical fiction novella The Lady of the Wheel.[2]
Racalmuto borders the following municipalities: Bompensiere, Canicattì, Castrofilippo, Favara, Grotte, Milena, Montedoro. wikipedia.

My friend's house.

Her dog.




This summer I am visiting her and I am very happy. I love sunny places and exploring different cultures. Racalmuto is about 3000 km from my place. I am flying from Cracow to Catania It takes me about 2,5 hours.












The photos show traditional Easter cakes which are very popular there. My friend baked them before Easter.




16 comments:

  1. It looks like a great place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like heaps of fun.
    Plenty of historical places to visit.
    Colin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colin Sicily is a really historical place with lots of landmarks

      Delete
  3. A great place to spend your summer holidays. Your friend has a lovely garden and a cute puppy to welcome you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nacy in Juli is very hot there about 40C degrees

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful place to visit! The Easter cakes look good, and love the puppy dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bethany I think it is a great opportunity for me..

      Delete
  5. The dog looks cute. Happy Easter

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweetest little dog with a cute look on it's face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Easter cakes look delicious. You have a lovely, warm time there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane I think I spend there a great and sunny time

      Delete
  8. Lovely! Easter cookies look good but I would much rather have pierogies the way my mom made them on Easter when I was young!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear pierogi dumplings is always a great choice

      Delete