Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 8 March 2016

8th March 1906 - it was an important day

9th March 2016
 
Today I am travelling in the past. In my dreams today is 8th March 1906 - the north of France. Polish woman gave birth a small girl. It was my grandmother Catherine.. Her parents had nothing in Poland so they decided to move in France to earn for a living.
My grandmother was so lively girl and later very flexible and energetic woman - mother of five children. She had so hard life. When she was 18 she came back to her homeland and married  George American born boy George my grandfather.
 
Be continue.
 
Happy Birthday my dear grandma Kate. I believe we will meet one day somewhere...
 



Katowice today - the centre of the city.
 

13 comments:

  1. How nice to remember your grandmother on her birthday. I'm sorry you never got to know her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting story about your heritage. I love the cobble stone patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cobble stones look nice but they are not comfortable

      Delete
  3. I know nothing about my grandparents and also no photos to show how they look like. Pretty view of Katowice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post.I followed your blog.Please follow my blog,too:)

    http://ameliabelieveme.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice memory. You had a very adventurous family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mitchell definitely my family was really adventoruos

      Delete
  6. I had a grandmother named "Kate" as well, and I loved her so dearly. She was born in Germany, traveled to the US at age 7. A true grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all Kates are really brave and strong women

      Delete
  7. It's always nice to hear about your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dina family roots are really important

      Delete