Powered By Blogger

Saturday 22 November 2014

King of trees in the local park..

22nd November 2014

During my staying in my summer house I love walking as you know. Last time when we were at our summer place ( 10th November) I decided to visit local park which is very old. There are different species of trees there but the most impressive are oaks. In Poland oaks are called "king of trees" because they are very strong and live very long definitely much longer than people.


 The oaks are over 100 years old they were planted by the owners of the big mansion which is located in the park. In the beginning of the 20th century this mansion belonged to a very rich family. After WWII Polish government took care of it. And since 1950 secondary school is located here.


Secondary school 



The statue of Saint Mary which was built in 1896 by the owner of mansion



The local park is not so big but so friendly and well-maintained by local authorities.



10 comments:

  1. lovely old trees. :)

    we do normally get a bit of snow and more often ice for winter. but some years we get none. one year we got 10 inches at once. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your winter is betterr than mine

      Delete
  2. Looks like a beautiful park! Great place for a school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes the surrounding is perfect for school

      Delete
  3. Oaks are magnificent trees. You are fortunate to have them close by in a nice park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love oaks near my house there is an oak which is 300 years ols one day I will takea photo of it. Maybe for Xmas.

      Delete
  4. The trees are beautiful. How lucky you are to have such a pretty place to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful place. And I'm happy I don't have to rake those leaves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, because I don't like raking leaves

      Delete